Author Topic: Latest Purchases  (Read 12872 times)

Offline vibhuk

• wm citizen
  • michael mann
  • You Caterpillars
Re: Latest Purchases
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 05:10:PM »
One of my colleagues actually managed to pick King Kong and a whole season for Friends too!

I picked up Michael Mann - Manhunter (2-disc special edition), The Invisible Man - 1938 Classic, Bridge Over the River Kwai, Dog Day Afternoon, Donnie Brasco, Always, Spider Man- 2, Rush Hour, Exorcist-The Version you have never seen, Exorcist - The Beginning. More Later.

Placed an order for all 6 Star Wars Widescreen Edition on Amazon.com, Brand New. All for USD 101.00. Days of waiting have begun.

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2006, 06:10:PM »
Prick.
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. That's - that's just an awful feeling. -- Elijah Price,  Unbreakable (2000)

Offline vibhuk

• wm citizen
  • michael mann
  • You Caterpillars
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 12:55:AM »
Prick.

Here is more: Assassins, Batman Forever, Saturday Night Fever, Wallace and Gromit, Corpse Bride, Batman & Robin, The Party, Downfall, Erin Brockovich..

Ouch!

Offline kaytee

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
  • TEJA mein hoon, Mark idhar hai !!
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2006, 02:29:AM »
The Party is one hilarious movie. Peter Sellers as Hrundi V. Bakshi was sensational.
TEJA mein hoon, Mark idhar hai !!

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2006, 09:37:AM »
vibhuk - I want The Party from you in exchange for Dark Knight Returns. Sulphurhead has been raving to me about this movie since even before I know him.
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. That's - that's just an awful feeling. -- Elijah Price,  Unbreakable (2000)

Offline sammy

• Administrator
  • david fincher
    • Processes & Recesses
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2006, 09:43:AM »
vibhuk - I want The Party from you in exchange for Dark Knight Returns. Sulphurhead has been raving to me about this movie since even before I know him.

it was on Ch2 some time ago ! amazing movie...that and i heard about another peter sellers which was amazing....forgot the name :P

Offline vibhuk

• wm citizen
  • michael mann
  • You Caterpillars
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2006, 11:19:AM »

It sure is a movie to rave about. The shyness and simplicity of an Indian through Peter Sellers.
You can sure borrow it from me in return on Dark Night Returns. No exchange.  :)

Offline vibhuk

• wm citizen
  • michael mann
  • You Caterpillars
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2006, 11:31:AM »

it was on Ch2 some time ago ! amazing movie...that and i heard about another peter sellers which was amazing....forgot the name :P

Are you referring to the 'The Pink Panther' Series?

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2006, 11:34:AM »
Strangeglove, maybe?

Offline cinemaster

• michael mann
  • Shadowless Sword
    • filmfuchs.de
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2006, 02:29:PM »
Strangeglove, maybe?

is this joke intentional ;)
why is nobody using Eva Habermann as avatar ?

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2006, 02:35:PM »
actually, no - it was a typo  :P

Offline X

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2006, 08:32:PM »
Back on topic, among other purchases here's one that I would like mentioning:

Work of Directors: Vol 2 (Glazer, Romanek, Corbijn, Sednaoui)

Offline animatedude

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2006, 10:38:PM »
YUMMY! :o
"There's this whole school of thought that movies are always so great when you're 10 or 12 years old, and the reality of it is, when you're 10 or 12 years old, you've only seen 100 stories. By the time you get to be 25, you've seen 3,000. You've seen every permutation of every dramatic arc. And when somebody takes that and stands it on its head, that can be exciting." David Fincher

Offline weirdo

• michael mann
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2006, 01:50:PM »
wow, holy mackarel, that is one awsome set!

Not familiar with the others but Jon Glazer & Mark Romanek are great music vid directors who made it big. I think the other set has Spike Jonze and Gondry...vol 1, right?

Offline sulphurhead

• Administrator
  • steven spielberg
  • Uchiha Itachi
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2006, 04:56:PM »

yeah - i'm serious!!
I went into the theatre showing this movie when i was completly bored and expected nothing. But i absolutely loved it.
It's actually quite funny - they even show episodes of  the syndicated show in MTV europe -and trust me that channel isn't for kids. It's humor fit for adults, in almost a "wonder years meets ren and stimpy" kind of way - as the two main characters are just kids.
Ignorance spreads lies
How much will money buy
Well I'll take my time,
As I drift and die