Author Topic: Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson, 2017)  (Read 227 times)

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria

So, we have a title of the next Star Wars movie! It is simple, straightforward. I expected a more intriguing title, especially since it is the middle film of this trilogy.

Apart from the returning cast, the announced new members of the ensemble are Benicio del Toro & Laura Dern.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 10:46:AM by shariqq »
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. That's - that's just an awful feeling. -- Elijah Price,  Unbreakable (2000)

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (Rian Johnson, 2017)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 08:19:PM »
Here is a screenshot I've taken of the opening scroll of The Force Awakens from my copy of the movie. That blue box was drawn by me ;)

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 10:57:AM by shariqq »
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. That's - that's just an awful feeling. -- Elijah Price,  Unbreakable (2000)

Offline kaytee

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
  • TEJA mein hoon, Mark idhar hai !!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 11:31:AM »
Like I said earlier, so its safe to say this is going to be Lukes last film.
TEJA mein hoon, Mark idhar hai !!

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 11:07:AM »
Of course, why would they not want to emulate posters from one of the most disappointing sequels ever made?

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 11:11:AM »
Of course, why would they not want to emulate posters from one of the most disappointing sequels ever made?

This is the sequel I was referring to.

Offline kaytee

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
  • TEJA mein hoon, Mark idhar hai !!
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 12:06:PM »
Hahaha nice catch Shariq, that is just plain absurd to copy them blatantly.
TEJA mein hoon, Mark idhar hai !!

Offline fizz

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 12:06:AM »
These posters are absurdly lacking in originality. Terrible choice really for such a big release.
Narrative is the poison of cinema...There's nothing more beautiful than elusiveness in cinema.

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 03:54:PM »
Trailer 2!

I'm a little underwhelmed by it. It looks good, of course... but the EPICness of the trailers from Ep VII is missing. The only shot that gave me that feel was when we saw the lined up AT-ATs.
But I'm excited and pumped. December 14th. Our personal DIFF closure. Yes!

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 03:59:PM »
Now this, I absolutely love. Whatta poster! I want this on my wall next to the poster of SW VII The Force Awakens!

Offline fizz

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 09:27:PM »
Saw the trailer again and its rather tepid. The sense of excitement that we first felt when these films were announced isn't translating here, but this could be nothing more than the studio rightfully thinking, we don't have to sell this film too hard. I hope I am right because Johnson can be a bit hit and miss...(i.e. Looper vs. Everything else he's done)
Narrative is the poison of cinema...There's nothing more beautiful than elusiveness in cinema.

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2017, 06:36:PM »

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 11:45:AM »