Author Topic: Lootera (Motwane, 2013)  (Read 310 times)

Offline kaytee

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
  • TEJA mein hoon, Mark idhar hai !!
Lootera (Motwane, 2013)
« on: May 20, 2013, 11:18:AM »
Vikramaditya's follow up to Udaan is a period piece set in Bengal and it looks good. Amit Trivedi is in form yet again.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:31:PM by shariqq »
TEJA mein hoon, Mark idhar hai !!

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
Re: Lootera (Motwane, 2013)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 01:31:PM »
The trailers and the first song also make it look like a wonderful period drama. Looking forward to it!
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. That's - that's just an awful feeling. -- Elijah Price,  Unbreakable (2000)

Offline kaytee

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 05:23:PM »
Listen to soundtrack on loop here -

Offline kaytee

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 10:21:AM »
Spellbinding, beautiful, breathtaking detail, made with love and it shows. Using natural lighting for most of the film, adding that with the haunting art direction/cinematography and melodious background score makes Lootera one of the finest films of the year.

The story is nothing to write home about in fact it is done to death in the past but the execution is what stands out. The director indulges in his craft by showing the detail he painstakingly went through. First half is all bright and orange because that is the life of the characters, they are all happy and falling in love. Second half is dull, white, blue, dark, snow, depressing all moods of the characters something that reminded me of Snow Angels where everything was covered in snow and was blue.

The best way to watch this film is an early morning show with no distractions (no popcorn, no babies running in the aisles, no Arabs talking and sending msgs on their phones) and it will suck you in like it did me and even after a day the movie still lingers in my mind with scenes still flashing.

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 12:49:PM »
The best way to watch this film is an early morning show with no distractions (no popcorn, no babies running in the aisles, no Arabs talking and sending msgs on their phones) and it will suck you in like it did me and even after a day the movie still lingers in my mind with scenes still flashing.

I agree. I watched this on Friday morning with hardly a few people in the cinema, and the experience was spell-binding. If Vikramaditya Motwani represents the new wave of mainstream directors in Bollywood, then it is time to rejoice!

This isn't the dramatic brilliance the kind Vishal Bharadwaj and Anurag Kashyap have shown us. This is subtle, subdued and understated brilliance. The movie gets everything right -- watch and be awed.
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. That's - that's just an awful feeling. -- Elijah Price,  Unbreakable (2000)