Author Topic: Criterion Collection  (Read 1095 times)

Offline kaytee

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
  • TEJA mein hoon, Mark idhar hai !!
Criterion Collection
« on: June 18, 2012, 10:30:AM »
They have released some interesting titles this week/month.

Steven Soderbergh's And Everything Is Going Fine and Gray's Anatomy
Jarmusch's Down by Law
Hitchcock's The 39 Steps
Stillman's The Last Days of Disco and Metropolitan
Le Havre
Dardenne's La promesse and Rosetta
And last years critics favorite Weekend about a gay couples one night stand.
TEJA mein hoon, Mark idhar hai !!

Offline animatedude

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
Re: Criterion Collection
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 02:50:PM »
although i rarely buy Criterion titles i must admit i love how Criterion recently started releasing more recent popular titles that i'm aware of not just obscure titles.In the past Criterion released many obscure titles and very few popular classics but now each month you get different mixture of recent,popular and obscure titles which is great.
"There's this whole school of thought that movies are always so great when you're 10 or 12 years old, and the reality of it is, when you're 10 or 12 years old, you've only seen 100 stories. By the time you get to be 25, you've seen 3,000. You've seen every permutation of every dramatic arc. And when somebody takes that and stands it on its head, that can be exciting." David Fincher

Offline X

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 01:38:PM »
The studios are realizing that DVDs and blu-ray are not where the revenues are anymore -- it's VOD and Online Streaming (license fees). They are now more open to licensing newer and important catalogue titles to Criterion. It was and always has been about the money. Criterion is no different: newer titles allow it to be more "hip" and profitable.

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 12:35:PM »
Criterion streaming service,

https://www.filmstruck.com/

FilmStruck is a subscription on-demand service that offers film aficionados a comprehensive library of films including an eclectic mix of contemporary and classic art house, indie, foreign and cult films.
FilmStruck was created by the movie lovers at Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and The Criterion Collection, giving you access to some of the world’s greatest films, shown uncut and commercial-free, just as the director intended.

Unfortunately, valid for US customers only. works here if you have VPN, or have configured a router with US IP address.
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. That's - that's just an awful feeling. -- Elijah Price,  Unbreakable (2000)