Author Topic: Tips & Tricks  (Read 1204 times)

Offline animatedude

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
Re: Tips & Tricks
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 08:46:PM »
I believe your local Microsoft office might be able to guide you better. They always have Gold partners and Training partners, and since Excel is their product...

thanks for the tip Ozzy!
"There's this whole school of thought that movies are always so great when you're 10 or 12 years old, and the reality of it is, when you're 10 or 12 years old, you've only seen 100 stories. By the time you get to be 25, you've seen 3,000. You've seen every permutation of every dramatic arc. And when somebody takes that and stands it on its head, that can be exciting." David Fincher

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 07:09:PM »
For some reason, my IMDb page has started going to the UK site by default. Any idea how to reset it to go to the US site?
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. That's - that's just an awful feeling. -- Elijah Price,  Unbreakable (2000)

Offline fizz

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 07:27:PM »
Is this on a corporate network? Is your's based in the UK? That's the only reason it would that. When I was in Germany, the same happened with all the sites I would visit (i.e. they would redirect to the German versions).
Narrative is the poison of cinema...There's nothing more beautiful than elusiveness in cinema.

Offline animatedude

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 09:42:PM »
"There's this whole school of thought that movies are always so great when you're 10 or 12 years old, and the reality of it is, when you're 10 or 12 years old, you've only seen 100 stories. By the time you get to be 25, you've seen 3,000. You've seen every permutation of every dramatic arc. And when somebody takes that and stands it on its head, that can be exciting." David Fincher

Offline kaytee

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
  • TEJA mein hoon, Mark idhar hai !!
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 11:40:PM »
Why did they remove those recommended links to interesting articles from imdb?
TEJA mein hoon, Mark idhar hai !!

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 11:34:AM »
Is this on a corporate network? Is your's based in the UK? That's the only reason it would that. When I was in Germany, the same happened with all the sites I would visit (i.e. they would redirect to the German versions).

It is a corporate network, but we're Dubai based. Only when the local servers are down do we VPN into UK or US (based on each team's needs). So unless they've done something to our network, can't say. Google.com still redirects to Google.ae

Animatedude, us.imdb.com redirects to www.imdb.com, which is then the UK site for me.
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. That's - that's just an awful feeling. -- Elijah Price,  Unbreakable (2000)

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 11:49:AM »
I figured it out: On other browsers (other than what I usually use, i.e. Chrome) IMDb goes to the US site. I think, perhaps the company had to redirect us to UK servers sometime this week during which Chrome stored cookies of my location as UK.

Ctrl+F5 and clearing cache didn't help, but clearing cookies brought me back to the US site. It also means, I have to re-login to all the sites that remembered me, including the WM forum!

Offline kaytee

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
  • TEJA mein hoon, Mark idhar hai !!
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2012, 01:16:PM »
I figured it out: On other browsers (other than what I usually use, i.e. Chrome) IMDb goes to the US
Ctrl+F5 and clearing cache didn't help, but clearing cookies brought me back to the US site. It also means, I have to re-login to all the sites that remembered me, including the WM forum!

I have the same problem, but cant risk the deleting cookies part, too dependent on the saved logins and passwords.
TEJA mein hoon, Mark idhar hai !!

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2012, 01:31:PM »
Chrome has a way of letting you delete cache and cookies without deleting passwords.
So now, when I go to any of the sites that had me logged in, I am sent to the sign-in page -- and since I had passwords saved, the username/password fields are already filled-in.

Offline animatedude

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2012, 11:43:PM »
a bit off topic...anyone here work in a bank in Dubai? if you do please PM me i have a few Qs...thanks!