Author Topic: Blu Ray  (Read 1252 times)

Offline animatedude

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
Blu Ray
« on: December 13, 2009, 12:20:AM »
although i've promised myself that i won't go Blu Ray anytime soon,companies are making hard for collectors to stay happy with the DVD format.

if you look at the top 100 sellers over amazon.com you will find out,1)Blu Rays are much cheaper than DVDs which is ridiculous.2)the majority of Blu Rays have exclusive extras not found on DVDs.3)all kind of crazy promos on Blu Rays.4)companies like Disney have DVD/Blu Ray combos.

that's why i went ahead and bought the first 2 Blu Ray/DVD combo although i still don't have a Blu Ray player yet...but i ain't saying bye bye for my favorite format yet....DVD you will always have a place in my heart  :angel:
"There's this whole school of thought that movies are always so great when you're 10 or 12 years old, and the reality of it is, when you're 10 or 12 years old, you've only seen 100 stories. By the time you get to be 25, you've seen 3,000. You've seen every permutation of every dramatic arc. And when somebody takes that and stands it on its head, that can be exciting." David Fincher

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
Re: Blu Ray
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 12:22:AM »
Fuck Blu Ray.

The greedy pigs that Hollywood studios are, many new movies are being released either as BluRay-DVD combos (2-4 disc editions) or a single-disc DVD bare-bones edition. What the fuck? So those who are happy with their DVDs and not upgrading to the blu, are left with fucking zilch.

I'm not buying any "combo" happy meals deals for these movies. And single-discs are too much the hassle. If this is how things continue for new movies, I'm just gonna upgrade my net connection and start downloading movies I wanna re-watch.
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. That's - that's just an awful feeling. -- Elijah Price,  Unbreakable (2000)

Offline animatedude

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 01:39:AM »
the only studio doing "BluRay-DVD combos (2-4 disc editions)" is Disney.i still don't have a Blu-Ray player due to the fact there aren't official out of the box SONY blu-ray players out yet but according to one of the workers at Sony Store over here, the new Blu-Ray players are multi-region!!!! he told me he tested them but i don't trust him i'll bring my own Blu-rays to test this weekend and then i'll make the switch from DVD to Blu.

i know i have been saying this for a long time now but seriously i slowed down buying DVDs so much.as of this years movies i only purchased "Ghost Writer".

hundreds of unwatched DVDs+i'm not at college i work now=not so much time to watch movies and i kinda lost interest.i feel so stupid buying more when i have a supply for the next...2 decades! plus, i'm in a period in my life exploring other stuff in life,disappearing for 2 hours in cinemas doesn't feel the right thing for me anymore..

btw, i finally bought "Jackie Brown" on DVD the other day woop woop!  8)
"There's this whole school of thought that movies are always so great when you're 10 or 12 years old, and the reality of it is, when you're 10 or 12 years old, you've only seen 100 stories. By the time you get to be 25, you've seen 3,000. You've seen every permutation of every dramatic arc. And when somebody takes that and stands it on its head, that can be exciting." David Fincher

Offline X

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 07:44:AM »
Fuck buying DVDs and Blu-rays.

Offline ozzylogic

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
  • Coppertop
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 08:29:AM »
Souq had the 250 GB PS3 for AED 999 recently, excellent opportunity to bag yourself a good gaming console with a Blu-Ray player.
"I hate to disappoint you, but rubber lips are immune to your charms."

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 11:40:AM »
Fuck buying DVDs and Blu-rays.

Infidel!
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. That's - that's just an awful feeling. -- Elijah Price,  Unbreakable (2000)

Offline X

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 12:04:PM »

Offline animatedude

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 03:10:PM »
Souq had the 250 GB PS3 for AED 999 recently, excellent opportunity to bag yourself a good gaming console with a Blu-Ray player.

does it play multi region Blu rays? hehe it reminds me of back in 1999/2000 i had PS2 which didn't play my DVDs.they had this cheap chip you insert that would play everything...it didn't play shite!

Offline ozzylogic

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
  • Coppertop
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 08:41:AM »
Isn't it about time this thread had its own section, or the DVD section was renamed?

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 11:11:AM »
Nope - streaming has made buying software on hardware obsolete. Unless there's a special edition someone picks, I dunno if anyone is buying BluRays...

Offline ozzylogic

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
  • Coppertop
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 11:52:PM »
I still do. I play them on my Xbox One which is connected to my Denon, which supports DTSHD and TrueHD and the sound is phenomenal. Many of these titles support THX and Dolby ATMOS but I have a 5.1 setup not a 7.1, so it's useless for me.

I've got Aliens The Director's Cut, Transformers, Blade II, Mad Max, Dredd, Pacific Rim, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Avengers 1 and 2, Iron Man 1 and 2.

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 12:04:AM »
Why do you have Iron Man 2?

Offline ozzylogic

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
  • Coppertop
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 08:42:PM »
Why do you have Iron Man 2?

For my daughter.