Author Topic: The Sentinel (2006)  (Read 1038 times)

Offline kaytee

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
  • TEJA mein hoon, Mark idhar hai !!
The Sentinel (2006)
« on: August 30, 2006, 10:37:AM »
Very disappointing movie. This movie had a story line picked out right from 24 and this movie needed more time to establish the premise of the assassination of the president.

Too many questions were presented through out this movie and left unanswered:

Why was Michael Douglas' character chosen for framing?
How did they find out about the affair?
What made Kiefer the best at his job? Maybe coz he is Jack Baeur.
Why was Eva chosen for this role? Being assigned at the White House you would expect her to wear appropriate clothes and not be gawked at?
The most important question though WHY DID THEY even WANT TO KILL THE PRESIDENT?

The motive of the movie was not established?

Anyway I wouldnt really recommend it to anyone. Rather watch In the Line of Fire again.

I'm noticing a trend here being followed by our people at Gulf Films or whoever the other distributors are. They tend to release B grade movies like The Sentinel, Silent Hill, Poseidon, RV just a week before they are supposed to be released on DVD.
TEJA mein hoon, Mark idhar hai !!

Offline X

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
Re: The Sentinel (2006)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 01:36:PM »
B grade movies are those with B team credentials - actors, screenwriters, directors, production. The movies you've mentioned were made with good talent and good money - they may not be good but I wouldn't call them B movies. Bad movies.

Offline kaytee

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 02:02:PM »
B grade movies are those with B team credentials - actors, screenwriters, directors, production. The movies you've mentioned were made with good talent and good money - they may not be good but I wouldn't call them B movies. Bad movies.

I'm sure you know what I meant but here it is incase you were too dumbed out ;)

I meant movies that dont do much biz at the US BO, are not big blockbusters (though they intended to be) and are critically panned.

Offline X

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 02:12:PM »
"Blade Runner" and "The Thing," when they came out, fit your definition above. They were reevaluated years later.

Were they B movies then, oh kaytee?

Calling me dumb is not going to change the facts!

Offline ozzylogic

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
  • Coppertop
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 02:21:PM »
someone told me that if I loved 24, I'd love this too...
"I hate to disappoint you, but rubber lips are immune to your charms."

Offline kaytee

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 03:40:PM »
"Blade Runner" and "The Thing," when they came out, fit your definition above. They were reevaluated years later.

Calling me dumb is not going to change the facts!

So are you implying that Poseidon, The Sentinel, RV, Silent Hill will be looked back and called classics. If they do then I will hang myself.

Peace.

I love 24 but I hated this. 24 is all about Jack muthafukin Baeur who will shoot someone without even thinking twice, here Kiefer Sutherland is a wimp who actually sheds a tear when he shoots his mentor.

Offline fizz

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 03:43:PM »

I love 24 but I hated this. 24 is all about Jack muthafukin Baeur who will shoot someone without even thinking twice, here Kiefer Sutherland is a wimp who actually sheds a tear when he shoots his mentor.

Sounds to me like an ending.....
Narrative is the poison of cinema...There's nothing more beautiful than elusiveness in cinema.

Offline kaytee

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 04:06:PM »
No it aint the ending, they hug it out in the end.

Offline fizz

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 04:30:PM »
No it aint the ending, they hug it out in the end.

Lol! :D
Narrative is the poison of cinema...There's nothing more beautiful than elusiveness in cinema.

Offline X

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 05:56:PM »

So are you implying that Poseidon, The Sentinel, RV, Silent Hill will be looked back and called classics. If they do then I will hang myself.

Peace.
The term B-movie originally referred to a Hollywood motion picture designed to be distributed as the "lower half" of a double feature, often a genre film such as a Western "cowboy" film, a gangster movie, or a horror film.

By the way, "Silent Hill" has a considerable fan base and horror aficionados are already regarding it as a "classic" (you don't have to agree, and that's totally OK, but please think of your friends before hanging yourself).

Peace be unto you too.

Offline animatedude

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 10:36:PM »
ugh...yeah...let's get that chick from the desperate house wife and give her $1 million  and that guy from 24 and give him $1 million and give the leader role to a known actor who had a few flops recently he will be doing the movie for the sake of it and spend one day in the bathroom to write a script full of cliches like "IAM THE LAW" crap and what do you get? a movie that will open around $10-$13 million and will end up taking over $50 million in the US ONLY and not to mention multiply this 5 times for the DVD gross.

i'll never watch that movie.no thanks.
"There's this whole school of thought that movies are always so great when you're 10 or 12 years old, and the reality of it is, when you're 10 or 12 years old, you've only seen 100 stories. By the time you get to be 25, you've seen 3,000. You've seen every permutation of every dramatic arc. And when somebody takes that and stands it on its head, that can be exciting." David Fincher