Author Topic: The Return (2006)  (Read 571 times)

Offline X

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
The Return (2006)
« on: August 26, 2006, 12:34:PM »
I love Asif Kapadia's "The Warrior."

He's has been given a chance to break into Hollywood with a genre flick called "The Return" (comparisons of the title with Zvyagintsev's "The Return," one of the greatest films ever made, are imminent). Kapadia's film has been sitting in the can for a year now, the only thing going for being a Sarah Michelle Gellar as its lead star who sees visions of murders. Sounds very "Eyes of Laura Mars" to me...

New release date set at Nov 11, 2006. Here's the IMDb page

Offline X

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
Re: The Return (2006)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 12:41:PM »
I see our correspondent Kaytee has put up the poster for the film in a different thread. Here it is again:

Offline fizz

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 01:57:PM »
After seeing the trailer to this film, I take back any statements I made about anticipating its release.

Ms. Gellar is back to her Scooby Doo meets Buffy roles.
Narrative is the poison of cinema...There's nothing more beautiful than elusiveness in cinema.

Offline animatedude

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 03:51:PM »
LOL.so fuckin true.
"There's this whole school of thought that movies are always so great when you're 10 or 12 years old, and the reality of it is, when you're 10 or 12 years old, you've only seen 100 stories. By the time you get to be 25, you've seen 3,000. You've seen every permutation of every dramatic arc. And when somebody takes that and stands it on its head, that can be exciting." David Fincher