Author Topic: [Recommendations] Random Music Tips.  (Read 4316 times)

Offline animatedude

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
"There's this whole school of thought that movies are always so great when you're 10 or 12 years old, and the reality of it is, when you're 10 or 12 years old, you've only seen 100 stories. By the time you get to be 25, you've seen 3,000. You've seen every permutation of every dramatic arc. And when somebody takes that and stands it on its head, that can be exciting." David Fincher

theoddball

Re: [Recommendations] Random Music Tips.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 08:15:PM »
Brilliant! This brings back memories. I had this album (Behind the Sun) on infinite replay for the major part of 2001.

My favorite track from the album was the epic nine-minute Halcyon, arguably one of the greatest Trance masterpieces of all time.

Sorry, no video (only image of album cover).

Tip: To really experience this track properly, click on the video below to go to its actual YouTube page, then erase everything from the end of the URL backwards so that you're left with "v=S5VJv41ssro" at the end, then add "&fmt=18" and reload. This will give you the high quality version of the video with glorious stereo sound.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 08:43:PM by theoddball »

Offline animatedude

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 10:46:PM »
awsomeness.

i'm downloading (legally) their best of album.i love "Halcyon" man! i've been listing to "saltwater" non stop the last few days to the point i got up and danced (yes it's 5 in the morning and it's me alone in my apartment).
"There's this whole school of thought that movies are always so great when you're 10 or 12 years old, and the reality of it is, when you're 10 or 12 years old, you've only seen 100 stories. By the time you get to be 25, you've seen 3,000. You've seen every permutation of every dramatic arc. And when somebody takes that and stands it on its head, that can be exciting." David Fincher

Offline madali

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 12:16:AM »
One of the saddest songs I have ever read. It moves me every time, even though I have listened to it a million times.

I'd love to change the world / But I don't know what to do / So I'll leave it up to you

Offline X

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 01:14:AM »
I checked my iTunes, and according to the Play Count tab, this is the track I've listened to the most number of times to-date:

Offline animatedude

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 08:36:PM »
god damn it you theoddball! i can't stop listening to Halcyon now.the remix of their best of album sucks.the versions on the Behind The Sun album are way much better.

Offline ayaa1977

• wm citizen
  • orson welles
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 11:11:PM »
To all of you Coldplay haters out there I dedicate this, YELLOW!

Offline animatedude

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock

Offline animatedude

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 11:59:PM »
To all of you Coldplay haters out there I dedicate this, YELLOW!

this is what i would dedicate to the haters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8wCJ9A0TUg

btw, do you remember when coldplay turned down a $85 million offer from a company to use YELLOW in a bathroom cleaner ad? lol

Offline ayaa1977

• wm citizen
  • orson welles
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 08:30:AM »
Since you guys are in the mood for music tips. My recommendation for today  is a song that was featured in the season 2 finale of FX's Damages. It is Jem and Keep on Walking. I hope you'll like it:

Offline ayaa1977

• wm citizen
  • orson welles
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 05:04:AM »
Here is a great song for Mike Doughty which was a soundtrack in an episode of one of THE BEST TV shows of this millennium Veronica Mars, the show that introduced the world to the amazing Kristen Bell. It is a shame that neither the show, nor the singer are appreciated the way the should, anyway enjoy!

Speaking of under appreciated TV show, here is Kristen Chenoweth with her engrossing voice singing Hello on Pushing Daisies:

Offline animatedude

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock

Offline animatedude

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock

Offline madali

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 12:49:AM »
Ive been making my way through Nick Cave albums recently and I came across this one. Loved it. Sad & beautiful.

"I kissed her goodbye/and told her all beauty must die"

I'd love to change the world / But I don't know what to do / So I'll leave it up to you

Offline X

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 02:29:AM »
Nick Cave is a genius. Have you heard his Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! album yet?