Author Topic: Jaldi Aa Rahi Hai Cinema Gharon Main (Coming Soon in the Cinemas)  (Read 34294 times)

Offline fizz

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
Lovely thread title!

Reminds of the stale theatres and their badly dubbed ads back home :D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 04:29:PM by kaytee »
Narrative is the poison of cinema...There's nothing more beautiful than elusiveness in cinema.

Offline kaytee

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
  • TEJA mein hoon, Mark idhar hai !!
A bad trailer, a hot actress and a decent actor.

Woh Lamhe

Woh Lamhe
TEJA mein hoon, Mark idhar hai !!

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
kaytee - who's directing Woh Lamhe? I know itis definitely not Anurag Basu. It's not, right?
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. That's - that's just an awful feeling. -- Elijah Price,  Unbreakable (2000)

Offline kaytee

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
kaytee - who's directing Woh Lamhe? I know itis definitely not Anurag Basu. It's not, right?

Nope it is Mohit Suri, the guy who did Zeher and Kalyug. I honestly have not bothered to watch any of the movies that have come out from the Mahesh Bhatt camp including Murder. But I think I will attempt to watch Gangster after hearing only good things about it.

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
But I think I will attempt to watch Gangster after hearing only good things about it.

My review, written on 21st May '06:

Best of the year so far? Yes - easily. It has a few issues, so let me get them out of the way first:

Gangster has some shoddy acting by it's main character, the girl at the crux of a Love Triangle. She has a bad accent, and a stunted way of speech. Her arms are around one Emraan Hashmi who does lip-lock. But with all your pre-concieved notions of him, he is not easy to dislike. And the pay-off for that is pretty nice. And as is usual for Bollywood movies, the movie does go through some unnecessary melodrama, but thankfully these are just three short ones.

What really is good about this movie is the writing. Director Anurag Basu has written the movie with a very clear idea about what he intended to depict. Yes, we have a gangster, we have foreign locales, and we have a "sexy pair", but the movie religiously sticks to its story-telling without once stopping to over-sell violence or sleaze. The whole narrative plays like a solo violinst playing through a single-long peice with its share of happy/sad portions and a few crescendos at the right times with some recurring themes. So much so that it is easy to be sucked into the whole flow and go along with where the director takes you.

Anurag Basu is good. His second movie (I thunk), but he clearly has his own language of cinema. From the shot-arrangements and camera angles to the score and songs, this man plays it like he cares for his movie, and not for the producer's coffer. He tells us the story mostly in flash-backs - but with decent inter-cuts to make it not entirely linear. The movie moves along a relaxed yet fast pace. It reminded me of cruising in a luxury car at 180Kmhr. You are speeding, but very comfortably.

The movie follows the story of one-girl (Bar dancer, yawn!) who a Gangster falls for, rebels against his gang, goes on the run, then puts her away safe and stays away to keep her safe. After holding-on for years she, in her loneliness, falls in love with another man - just when the gangster comes back. Clashes, loyalties, retribution, betrayel, vengeance.

Shiney Ahuja shines (sorry, couldn't resist) as the titular Gangster. His going from unspoken emotionless man to unspoken jilted lover to unspoken "karma-yogi" works very well mainly for his intensely mascuine persona. How good is he as an actor will take something against his type to prove. But he fits here perfect, and within the world of this movie, the man is like the writer's imagined.

Watch this movie if you can catch it sometime soon. It's worth atleast that much respect.

out of
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. That's - that's just an awful feeling. -- Elijah Price,  Unbreakable (2000)

Offline kaytee

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock

Offline kaytee

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd

Producers
Farhan Akhtar
Ritesh Sidhwani

Directed by Reema Kagti who was an assistant to Farhan Akthar for Dil Chahta Hai and Lakshya.

I like the star cast of this movie...

Abhay Deol
Minissha Lamba
Shabana Azmi
Boman Irani
Amisha Patel
Raima Sen
Kay Kay Menon
Sandhya Mridul
Vikram Chatwal
Karan Khanna
Ranveer Shourey
Dia Mirza
Arjun Rampal.
Suzanne Bernert
Naseruddin Shah
Ayesha Takia

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
that IS a huge cast. Lagta hai sab ka chota chota role hoga.

Offline kaytee

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
Sunny is back.

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
Whoa! Indian Movie posters are getting Good!!

Offline kaytee

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
Re: Jaldi Aa Rahi Hai Cinema Gharon Main (Coming Soon in the Cinemas)
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 10:46:AM »
Can Ritesh Deshmukh actually pull off a movie as the sole male actor.

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 12:07:PM »
Celina Jaitly, Koena Mitra, Riya Sen. That's too many titty-babes for one movie to make it any good.

Offline kaytee

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2006, 12:13:PM »
I like Riya Sen, she is hot.

Offline kaytee

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2006, 04:13:PM »

Offline kaytee

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2006, 04:22:PM »
She is the one who kept saying Khallas in Company and now look at Isha Koppikar transform herself from an item girl to a kaam wali gangster.