Author Topic: [Dubai] Cinemas in Dubai  (Read 12712 times)

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
Re: [Dubai] Cinemas in Dubai
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2012, 12:45:AM »
Ozzylogic just posted this on facebook, if that is the case then i have an ENBD card. And I think I will go and get the tickets tomorrow before they change the rules again.

Excellent! Any idea which one of the ENBD cards is the offer on? I have an ENBD card too, but it's a regular (non-branded or "special" card).

Lemme know if you go tomorrow - I'll give you the reservation number.

Also, if the offer is for One+One free only (not 2+2 or 3+3), then lemme know, I'll come by with my card too.
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. That's - that's just an awful feeling. -- Elijah Price,  Unbreakable (2000)

Offline ayaa1977

• wm citizen
  • orson welles
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2012, 12:34:PM »
I was there last night to book my tickets for todays screening, and at the boxoffice chart all of raw A desognated VIP. 

Offline ozzylogic

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
  • Coppertop
« Reply #122 on: August 28, 2012, 10:09:AM »
Meydan IMAX really needs to do something about the people who work there:

http://www.7daysindubai.com/Batman-viewing-dark-night-fan/story-16746460-detail/story.html
"I hate to disappoint you, but rubber lips are immune to your charms."

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #123 on: August 28, 2012, 11:25:AM »
I will agree with one of the comments, which says that the most irritating people are those that arrive after the screening has started, like the one who wrote that letter to 7-Days. He complained baout his seats being taken after the movie started - at that point, the cinema may well have just ejected them from the hall.

You want your seats, get there on time, and with enough time to settle down *before* the movie starts.

Of course, that doesn't mean the cinema was not at fault for selling the same seats twice, or the bitchy response by the customer service. But the customer is also at fault.
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. That's - that's just an awful feeling. -- Elijah Price,  Unbreakable (2000)

Offline ozzylogic

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
  • Coppertop
« Reply #124 on: September 28, 2012, 09:42:PM »
Shreq, do you remember what seats you booked when we all went for TDKR? I had the club card so I've booked G27 as that was the closest available seat to the centre, for the 30th, as that's the last day for TDKR.

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2012, 10:02:PM »
I had booked D20-25, which they turned out to be VIP seats, so we sat on seat numbers G17-21.

Offline fizz

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2012, 10:42:PM »
G27 sounds too far from the centre...stick to early 20's I guess. Don't they have a map on their site? I don't think the card allows you to get the free tickets above G.
Narrative is the poison of cinema...There's nothing more beautiful than elusiveness in cinema.

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2012, 10:45:PM »
Don't they have a map on their site?

We have on on ours...

It has been confirmed. Meydan IMAX has designated some seats as "VIP SEATS". These seats are priced higher since they offer the "best viewing experience". The VIP seats are at AED 75.00 vs AED 60.00 for non-VIP seats.

Offline fizz

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2012, 11:39:PM »
Lol, we should just get Meydan to pay us royalties!

So 27 isn't all that bad, but 22/23 would be perfect. I just sat there recently (though it was E) and the angle and size were PERFECT.
Narrative is the poison of cinema...There's nothing more beautiful than elusiveness in cinema.

Offline ozzylogic

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
  • Coppertop
« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2012, 12:39:AM »
Shariq's seating picture was really helpful and helped me decide, as the only other available seat on G was 17, so 27 was 1 seat closer (yay).

Yeah, no VIP seats using the free pass, but that's okay.

Offline animatedude

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2012, 04:19:AM »
what the hell is Dubai Flamingo?!

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=9766
"There's this whole school of thought that movies are always so great when you're 10 or 12 years old, and the reality of it is, when you're 10 or 12 years old, you've only seen 100 stories. By the time you get to be 25, you've seen 3,000. You've seen every permutation of every dramatic arc. And when somebody takes that and stands it on its head, that can be exciting." David Fincher

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #131 on: October 23, 2012, 05:11:PM »
The VIP seating zone have been expanded to include all of the top two rows.

Attached full-size image.

Offline shariqq

• Administrator
  • alfred hitchcock
  • You never know...
    • Filmphoria
« Reply #132 on: November 02, 2012, 08:22:PM »
Ozzylogic just posted this on facebook, if that is the case then i have an ENBD card. And I think I will go and get the tickets tomorrow before they change the rules again.

This EmiratesNBD offer of Buy-One-Get-One-Free was for The Dark Knight Rises only. Bought my tickets for Skyfall tomorrow, and the offer didn't apply.

Offline ayaa1977

• wm citizen
  • orson welles
« Reply #133 on: January 02, 2013, 02:15:AM »
I looked up the websites of the three UAE chains and there are no dates for releasing the prestigious award contenders. do you know of dates for releasing films like Django Unchained, Les Miserable, and Zero Dark Thirty?   I will come back in less than 3 weeks insha Allah and it'll be a shame to miss them.

Offline animatedude

• wm citizen
  • alfred hitchcock
« Reply #134 on: January 02, 2013, 03:30:AM »
http://voxcinemas.com/coming-soon.aspx

you will be able to catch Zero Dark Thirty and Django Unchained....Les Miserable will be out this weekend i think and will be pulled after one week because 76% will fail to pronounce the title right to buy tickets and 24% will leave after they find out it's more Moulin Rough and less Braveheart.
"There's this whole school of thought that movies are always so great when you're 10 or 12 years old, and the reality of it is, when you're 10 or 12 years old, you've only seen 100 stories. By the time you get to be 25, you've seen 3,000. You've seen every permutation of every dramatic arc. And when somebody takes that and stands it on its head, that can be exciting." David Fincher